Pineapple Cove Classical Academy is a K-8, tuition-free charter school located in Palm Bay, Florida. We are partnered with the Barney Charter School Initiative of Hillsdale College and offer a high-quality, private school education at no cost to our students.
The Pineapple Cove Classical Academy Founding Board has established the following educational priorities for its students:
- Basic cognitive skills: reading/writing/mathematics
- Core subjects: English language and literature, history, geography, and government; physical and biological sciences; mathematics.
- Other classical subjects: music; art; Latin
- Auxiliary subjects: foreign languages, P.E., performing arts, other social sciences
- Extracurricular activities to support the mission of the school as defined by the administrative team.
Several very unique innovations characterize Pineapple Cove Classical Academy:
- All students will study Latin roots to facilitate reading comprehension and vocabulary and bolster performance in all subjects.
- Upper level students will study history mainly through primary source documents to foster analytical skills and essential insight into their culture and heritage.
- All students will be trained in study skills such as time management, organization, note taking and research that are essential for building stamina for further academic pursuits.
- The intent to instill virtues of character in the lower grades through the classical virtues: courtesy, perseverance, self-government, service, honesty, and courage. Instruction in the classical virtues (prudence, justice, temperance, and fortitude) will be introduced in the upper grades as a continuance of the elementary character program and a necessary support of the classical curriculum.
For more information on our curriculum, please visit our Curriculum page.